General description: Teach swim classes for babies, children and adults using the Aquatics Concepts curriculum. All JCCSF Aquatics staff are expected to have outstanding customer service skills.
◦ Check in with the deck coordinator 15 minutes before the start of the first class.
◦ Teach classes according to the Aquatics Concepts curriculum.
◦ Be in assigned teaching station 5 minutes before every class ready to teach.
◦ Wear the JCCSF swim instructor uniform at all times while teaching.
◦ Create a warm, friendly and safe environment for all classes.
◦ Greet all students as they arrive for class.
◦ Collect color fish from each student.
◦ Evaluate students' progress every class.
◦ Maintain direct and clear communication with the deck coordinator about students' progress.
◦ Ensure the teaching station is appropriately stocked for class.
◦ Assist deck coordinator with pool setups.
◦ Render first aid and CPR within the scope of employee's certifications.
◦ Attend all mandatory trainings or staff meetings as scheduled.
◦ Understand and honor JCCSF mission, core values and customer service standards inside and outside the Aquatics Center.
◦ Understand safety and emergency preparedness procedures for the JCCSF Aquatics Department.
◦ Perform additional duties as needed.
◦ Strong experience working with kids
◦ Swimming background
◦ Good communication skills