YMCA Of San Diego County - Ryan Family YMCA(Formerly The Peninsula YMCA)
Does leading a team in Aquatics while supporting youth development, healthy living and social responsibility interest you?
At the Y, it’s more than a job – it’s bettering our community.
Ready to join us?
This role is for the Ryan Family YMCA located in Point Loma, formerly known as the Peninsula Family YMCA
Y our non-profit organization?
- Complimentary Y Membership for the entire family
- Opportunities for Professional Growth
- Community Involvement & Development
- Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO (Sick time, vacation days, personal days and holidays)
- Retirement Contributions
- Discounts on Family Programs
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Manages all functions of the Aquatics Department including aquatic safety, hazardous materials, pool mechanics, swim lessons, lifeguarding, and swim team and any additional specialty classes
- Perform audits of pool systems and equipment
- Assess program success and assists in the development and implementation of new programs
- Responsible for the development, control, and monitoring of Aquatics Department budgets, and ensures all budgets meet year-end outcomes
- Plans, conducts, and documents monthly staff meetings, focusing on safety, review of established policies and procedures, and customer service
- Serves as the Manager-on-duty when necessary, and assists in the maintenance of clean, attractive, safe, and well-maintained facilities
“I can do this!” What are the requirements?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Education or related field or equivalent experience in aquatics
- 21 years of age or older
- Three years aquatic supervisory experience required
- Current CPO certification within 60 days of employment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational abilities; self-starter with initiative to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Must have current certifications in First Aid for Public Safety Personnel (Title 22), CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, Oxygen Administration. Current Lifeguard Certification (YMCA of the USA or Red Cross). Current YMCA of the USA Swim Lesson Instructor Certification or Red Cross Water Safety instructor (YMCA certification within 6 months)
- Must have the visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation; ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures; the physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills
- Proven supervisory skills in hiring, training, evaluating, and motivating staff and volunteers, as well as developing an effective staff team
- Professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well with the public, staff and volunteers
- Proven fiscal management skills, knowledge of and expertise in aquatics programming