The primary duty of the Head Swim Team Coach is to grow, develop, organize, and implement a high quality competitive swim team. Provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for Swim Team Staff in accordance with YMCA policies. The Head Swim Coach is responsible for planning and operation of the Swim Team in accordance with the guidelines of the YMCA of the USA, YMCA of Kanawha Valley and USA Swimming. The Head Coach is cooperatively responsible for the safe operation of the swimming pool and the Lean to Swim Program.
Your performance will be measured by:
- Number of swim team participants.
- Amount of positive revenue being generated by the program (donations, grants, fees, entrepreneurial activities.)
- Number of volunteers engaged in hosting & running programs.
- Number of YMCA memberships generated by or resulting from swim team program participants.
- Number of joint endeavors with other organizations and institutions in the Valley.
- Retention Rate: the % of youth participants who come back within one year for swim team operated programs.
- The incumbent must be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a clear driving record and be qualified to drive a YMCA vehicle.
- Must possess a valid and current Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard Training or Swim Coach Safety Training and CPR certifications.
- Required to either currently possess or achieve certification for YMCA coaching, USA swimming and life-guarding certifications within 90 days of hire date.
- Must be experienced in Hytek, Meet Manager, Team Unify, Team Manager and Microsoft Office.
- Organizes and leads all aspects of the Swim Team program, including practices, meets, and related events. Complies with all YMCA and league rules and guidelines.
- Oversees all branches of the YMCA of the Kanawha Valley Swim Teams.
- Maintains regular, positive communication with swimmers, parents and YMCA Staff.
- Disseminates all rules and regulations during practices and swim meets.
- Implements the YMCA of Kanawha Valley's survey collection procedures ensuring the collection of critical customer feedback.
- Supervises and evaluates assistant coaches and volunteers.
- Compiles the statistical data necessary for various program reports.
- Maintains a Swim Team Advisory Council.
- Hold swim team parent meetings.
- Attends all practices, swim meets, and league meetings.
- Plan and organizes all home swim meets.
- Manages electronic swim team management and communication system.
- Organizes and directs the summer competitive swimming season.
- Cooperatively supervises personnel and volunteers as needed. Helps develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Cooperatively assures maintenance of necessary certifications, continuing professional growth and adherence with all risk management policies and procedures.
- Oversees scheduling of High School meets and practices with coaches.
- Helps with PE Credit Program for Home Schoolers.
- Exercises necessary control to assure operations are carried out and a balanced fiscal operation exists.
- Enforces all pool safety rules and implements pool emergency procedures with necessary, including completion of Incident Report Forms.
- Be alert, Friendly and Responsive to swimmers, parents, and co-workers.
- Ensure proper installation and usage of pool equipment, i.e., lanes lines, emergency equipment, etc.
- Attend all staff meetings and training as required.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by Branch Directors, COO, or CEO.
- Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies.
- Ensure that regular, consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
- Delivers presentations and messages suited to the characteristic and needs of the audience.
- Continually assesses the skills and abilities of others to identify development opportunities.
- Is capable of delivering positive and constructive feedback to motivate, encourage, and support others in their development.
- Assist in generating an annual budget to perform the duty described; operate within the budget.