Open Position: Lifeguard
Pay/Structure: $11-$13 per hour DOE / Part Time
Must be able to work weekends and some holidays
Season begins Memorial Day and concludes September 30th
Benefits: meals while on duty, employee scholarship program
Overall Job Summary: Implements all water safety policies and procedures; supervises members and guests in and around the swimming pool.
Required Skills / Traits:
- Friendly and professional attitude
- Attention to detail
- Lifeguard Certification
- We can help with training and certification
Duties (not all listed):
- Vacuums pool bottom
- Skims bugs and other debris from surface to prepare pool for daily use and empties automatic skimmer
- Supervises and observes swimmers at all times to ensure their safety.
- Administers to minor injuries such as small cuts and bruises of swimmers.
- Checks first aid supplies and reports needed items.
- Maintains amenities in and cleanliness of changing rooms, bathrooms, and showers.
- Assists in organizing clinics and private swimming lessons for members as directed by the Swimming Pool Manager.
- Enforces rules of conduct.
- Places rescue tube and ring buoy on the lifeguard chair in the mornings and at the end of the day; returns these and all swimming aid and pool toys to lifeguard locker.
- Straightens the pool area at the end of the day.
- Maintains all necessary records determined by the Swimming Pool Manager.
- Attends all meetings as directed by the Swimming Pool Manager.
- Performs all other duties assigned