The Head Varsity Swim Coach supports the experience of students and faculty. The Head Varsity Swim Coach embraces the vision, mission, core values of the school and the Portrait of the Flint Hill Student. The Head Varsity Swim Coach reports to the Director of Athletics.
As a member of the Mid-Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAC) and the Independent Schools League (ISL) in the Greater Washington, D.C., area, Flint Hill has a rich tradition of academic and athletic success and is deeply committed to seeing athletics as a crucial classroom in which our students strive for excellence and develop as healthy, determined, collaborative, and ethical leaders for the future. We are seeking a coach who will facilitate our continued pursuit of excellence in swim.
We seek a coach who will also appreciate the role that both athletics and academics play along with the arts and service to the community in developing powerful adult-student relationships and providing an education second to none.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Offer positive leadership of the entire swim program, developing a plan to integrate fundamental teaching at the varsity, junior varsity, and middle school levels. The coach will build the team up emotionally, physically, and socially.
- Embody a deep understanding of all aspects of swim, from a tactical, learning, and best practices perspective, that will result in sustained competitive excellence.
- Value strength and conditioning, nutrition, and playing multiple sports in helping the team to realize their full potential as athletes.
- Encourage a sense of belonging for all team members who are a part of the program through building, with and among the team, relationships that are based on the development of their character as well as their athletic ability.
- Understand the academic responsibilities of the team and support their progress as students.
- Value a meritocracy and build a belief among the team that achievement comes through hard work and teamwork.
- Build relationships with member schools in our league and work collaboratively to make the league stronger.
- Understand the VISAA, ISL and MAC policies and rules and support the implementation of those policies and rules.
- Support players on their transitions to college, inclusive of establishing relationships with college and university programs in support of the recruiting process.
- Pursue ongoing professional development and supervise assistant coaches in support of their professional development.
- Develop opportunities for the team to be involved in community service.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to function collaboratively on a team.
- Competency in technology
- Strong verbal, written, and formal presentation communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage multiple projects to completion.
- Bachelors degree
- Ability to hold a teaching or administrative position
- Leadership experience within a competitive program
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the nature of independent schools
APPLY HERE: https://www2.appone.com/Search/Search.aspx?ServerVar=flinthillschool.appone.com