Village of Pleasant Prairie
Head Swim Coach
This is a full time position in the Recreation Departments Aquatics Division and is under the direct supervision of the Aquatics Manager/Team CEO and in absence of the Aquatics Manager/Team CEO, the Recreation Director. The primary purpose of the Head Swim Coach is to provide outstanding service through warm interactions. The secondary responsibilities are but not limited to: The overall management of the Pleasant Prairie Patriots Swim Team programs including assisting in program development and administration; personnel supervision; aquatic facility and equipment management and open water event coordination. Employees in this classification must represent the Recreation Department in a professional manner, while instructing and monitoring, members, guests, and program participants. A special emphasis on program development and quality instruction.
Requirements - educational, certifications and experience
- ASCA level 4 or 5 preferred, will consider strong candidates with ASCA level 3 with ability to coach swimmers beyond the National level.
- Knowledge of VVMOST model and how to apply it to a USA Swim Club.
- Proven track record of achievement as a Bronze, Silver or Gold medal club through USA Swimming within a 3-year period of time.
- Minimum of 5 yrs. Coaching experience with at least 3 yrs. Head Coaching experience.
- Experienced with USA Swimming OME, TeamUnify, HY-TEK as well as Word, Excel and Power Point
- Bachelor’s Degree in sports management, kinesiology or recreation preferred, experience can stand in place of this requirement.
- Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment
- LSC leadership experience as either a board or committee member
- American Red Cross Lifeguard and or Lifeguard Instructor Certification
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches
- Coaches Advantage Training
- Concussion Protocol Training
- USA Swimming Athlete Protection Training
- Foundations of Coaching Original or through 101, 201 & Rules and Regs.
- USA Swimming Business Management Training 101 & 201 or ability to achieve within 6 months of employment.
If you have any questions regarding this position, you can email Steven Frye, Aquatics Director of the RecPlex at firstname.lastname@example.org