SAN ANTONIO WAVE is looking for an experienced team leader to serve as a Site Director for our Smithson Valley location. Smithson Valley / Spring Branch, is about 40 minutes north of San Antonio.
Below is a quick description of the position. Interested parties should contact Scott Gainey (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a detailed list of responsibilities.
Oversee the operation of their WAVE practice location daily.
Work with Head Coach to achieve seasonal goals for the WAVE.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe practice environment. Report issues to Head Coach.
- Work with Head Coach, to resolve facility issues, including safety, water, and air quality.
- Ensure WAVE equipment is maintained and serviced/replaced, as necessary.
- Responsible for supervision and mentoring of site coaches.
- Assist Head Coach with performance reviews.
- Assist Head Coach with swim meet entry process (verify coach selections).
- Assist in creating and participate team bonding activities.
- Meet with Head Coach regularly to ensure continuity of the WAVE program between pools.
- Schedule and evaluate tryouts for new swimmers.
- Attend swim meets.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Head Coach.
- High School Diploma or GED (some college)
- Ability to stand and walk on a pool deck for prolonged periods of time
- USA Swimming Coaching Credentials (current / acquired within 60 days)
- Coaching experience 4+ years of coaching
- ASCA Level 2 or higher certification
- Experience supervising & mentoring staff
- Starting at $18 per hour (depending on experience)* @ 20+ hours / week
- Typical schedule = 4p – 8pm weekdays (depending on location and need)
- Paid for administration work: (swim meet entries, creating workouts, evaluation of staff)
- Additional compensation / schedule opportunities for weekends and swim meets
- Reimbursements: out of town swim meets (mileage and meals)
- We pay for professional memberships (ASCA / USA Swimming / Certifications)
Interested candidates (or inquiries) please contact:
Scott Gainey = SCOTT@SAWAVE.ORG