Full Time Coach
Team Santa Monica, located in beautiful sunny Southern California, has been around for the last 65 years and has a storied history in USA Swimming and on the National Stage.
We are seeking an experienced, organized, and positive Coach to help bring our club to the next level. This position is year-round. You will be working with Senior swimmers working towards qualifying for Sectionals and beyond. Also, you will be working with Age Group swimmers working towards qualifying for Age Group Championships.
You must possess a high degree of emotional maturity and be able to motivate children with varied attributes. You must have a strong desire to create a positive training environment for all swimmers to achieve success in the pool and life and be willing to grow to make this your ultimate goal.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspiring, dedicated coach and swimming subject matter expert
- Ability to demonstrate mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality, positive and constructive feedback, and ability to function in a multi-task environment
- Ability to meet all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check, Athlete Protection, Lifeguard, First Aid, Concussion, etc.)
- Must be able to attend all assigned team functions (practices, meets, etc)
- Must be available to travel for clinics, meets, training camps, etc.
- Swimmer development
- Emphasize proper stroke technique and understand the progression for Age Group and Senior swimming
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices based on pre-developed annual training plan designed by the Head Coach
- Positively and constructively communicate and motivate children with the ability to consider varied social, emotional and physical attributes
- Manage, observe, and constructively evaluate swimmer performance at practices and meets to enhance technique and motivation
- Meet all USA Swimming coaching requirements.
- Have 4-6 years of swim coaching experience with a USA Swimming club, and 1 year of management/administrative experience.
- Must be a US citizen or currently eligible to work in the US.
- Have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as Social media).
- Be able to motivate swimmers of all abilities to achieve their full potential.
- Have previously developed swimmers to Age Group Championships and Sectionals or Futures level.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- College Degree
- 4-6 years competitive swim coaching experience with a USA Swimming club, and coaching membership that is in good standing with USA Swimming
- Energetic, patient, constructive, and ability to provide simple instructions
- Demonstrated the ability to work well and communicate effectively with swimmers of all ages/abilities, coaching staff, and administrators
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiasm for continuing coaching education
Salary and Application Requirements:
TSM offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience. The package includes a base salary, paid vacation, paid professional development, and travel expense reimbursement for meets.
The position shall remain open until filled.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, coaching philosophy statement, resume and contact information for 3 professional references by email to Head Coach Mohammad Khadembashi: firstname.lastname@example.org