Swim Streamline at Northampton (SSAN) is seeking qualified applicants for a FULL TIME AGE GROUP COACH. SSAN is a year-round swim team in the Spring/Woodlands area of Houston, Gulf Swimming. In our 12th year, with a roster of 300 athletes, we are seeking an experienced coach to work with our Home school and Age Group Programs.
SSAN is a coach owned program. All team decisions are based on the continued focus of Building the Base through dedication, excellence, and tradition.
- Previous coaching experience required (ASCA level 2 or higher preferred).
- 3 + years of year coaching experience.
- Coaching membership in good standing.
- Candidates should have experience that illustrates exceptional communication and motivation skills with children, taking into consideration varied social, emotional, and physical attributes.
- Have an attitude of inclusion and team building.
- Ability to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups either 5:30-7:30 a.m. & 3:00-8:00 pm or 1:00-6:30 pm every day Monday to Friday, plus Saturday morning. Hours will change during holiday breaks & summer schedule to mornings and evenings.
- Must be willing to work and communicate as a coaching team.
- Strong stroke technique background, patience working with younger swimmers, and keep swimming fun mentality.
- Strong customer service and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Must co- work with other Lead Coaches, while working independently with your groups.
- Must attend all scheduled staff meetings, meets, and practices as assigned.
- Knowledge of Hytek Meet Manager, Team Manager, and Team Unify, team administration skills are key.
- Must be energetic, outgoing, a self-starter, and give feedback daily to every swimmer, every stroke, every day!
- Experience with workout and season planning.
- All current USA Certifications.
Opportunity: This position offers a fantastic opportunity for advancement with one of the fastest growing, and rapidly improving clubs. There is potential for career advancement. There are additional opportunities for income through private swim lessons. Salary is commensurate with experience. Health care is available.
Preferred Start date: August 1, 2020
To apply: Please e-mail your resume, 3 references, your coaching philosophy, and a cover letter to: