Trident Aquatics, founded in 2014, has just opened our own brand new aquatic center in February and we’re growing our program! Our new home is 10 minutes north of Tulsa, in Owasso, OK. We are a relatively small club, approximately 45 swimmers, and as a culture, invest more time, focus, technology in fewer swimmers, rather than over-focus on headcount to make the program work. Our club is coach owned, and is financially stable.
We have a coaching staff of four, currently, and looking to add talent, experience and energy to help us improve swimmer performance, grow our club, and promote our team culture.
(COVID-19 related info: we are training 6 days per week. On June 27th, we hosted a small dual meet with the King Marlin Swim Club. Several protocols remain in place, including temperature checks, frequent disinfecting of touch surfaces, population management and so forth.)
Our swimmers range in age from 8 to 19, and include novice swimmers up to Olympic Trials qualifiers/National Team athletes. Most of our high school seniors aspire to swim in college, and we’ve had great success here. 7 of our 8 graduates this past year are on college rosters.
Our new facility is 18,000 sq ft, includes an 8 lane 25 yard pool equipped with built-in LumaLanes, Swiss Timing, underwater video and audio, and world class filtration for water and air quality. The facility also has a large strength and conditioning center (Rogue equipment), separate teaching pool (for our swim school, Waves Swim Academy), team meeting room, recovery station, separate team locker room and more. Our team is the sole owner of the facility, so we have complete control over our water.
See our club site for photos of our new pool.
Compensation: Very competitive, full-time salaried position commensurate with experience and career track.
1) Member in good standing with USA Swimming, and all certifications. ASCA L2 or higher preferred.
2) Bachelor’s degree preferred, along with 5+ years of coaching experience.
3) Enthusiasm and demonstrated high-level leadership, acumen and athlete success track record.
4) Strong communication skills (swimmer, parent, staff) via oral and electronic means
5) A career-minded intent, with entrepreneurial and creative skills.
6) Clear, demonstrable emphasis and preference towards the importance of a team’s culture and its value on overall success.
7) Knowledge of Hytek Meet Manager, Swim Manager and timing systems.
8) Ability and willingness to coach mornings and evenings, M-F, plus Saturday. (Meets include Sundays)
9) Skilled in technique, places an emphasis on technique, and demonstrated proficiency in instilling such skills in young and older swimmers alike.
10) Interest and willingness to play a role in the overall management of our new aquatic center.
Please visit our website to learn more about our club and new facility.
Send resume, description of coaching philosophy and successes, along with three references and a required salary range to:
Trident Aquatics Club