Team Philosophy: We teach, train, and motivate youth to develop leadership skills and good sportsmanship through swimming. We accomplish this by developing our athletes to be good leaders, students, citizens, and team players. We believe in maintaining a strong work ethic, treating athletic participation as a privilege, doing the right thing and giving back.
- Provide a positive, encouraging, and challenging atmosphere in which all swimmers, regardless of ability, may improve their skills.
- Treat all swimmers with equal care and concern, regardless of ability.
- Oversee all coaching staff assignments, responsibilities, development, and evaluations (including hiring and personnel decisions).
- Promptly communicate feedback with coaching staff and swimmers.
- Develop a season training plan for all levels of the team.
- Plan team practice schedules and meet schedules, including team and coaches’ travel, coach scheduling, meet entry assignments/administration, and other meet administrative duties.
- Manage daily workouts including setting up and closing down the pool for practices.
- Coordinate with the Board to design competitive schedules and coordinate meet entries for the entire program.
- Attend swim practices and meets, including weekend travel to away meets
- Participates in special activities to include team social events, banquets, award nights, and team meetings.
- Promptly follow-up with families interested in swimming.
- Manage day-to-day operating issues, including (but not limited to) pool facility procurement and assistance with fundraisers.
- Attend board meetings and provide updates on staff, pool space, swimmer counts and financial matters impacting the budget.
- Assist in preparation of an annual operating budget with the treasurer and manage expenditures in accordance with approved budget.
Education: High School diploma or GED.
Member in good standing with USA Swimming
- Three years of coaching experience at the club or collegiate level.
- Competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and highly motivated team player
- Demonstrated knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of swimming.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain working relationships with athletes, parents, coaches, and officials.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills in order to effectively mentor and instruct athletes.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Team Unify, working knowledge of Hy-Tek software is a positive.
Required: Active coach member of USA Swimming.
Preferred: American Swimming Coaches Association certified - Level 2
Compensation: Pay is commensurate upon experience. Bonus structure available based on team performance. The club will reimburse any fees needed for certification, professional growth, and travel expenses for meet attendance.
To apply send resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Sandy Salverson, DDST Board President at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until it is filled with the best candidate.
For information on the team, please visit our website: https://www.teamunify.com/team/ilddst/page/home