POSITION: Administrative Assistant and Swim Coach
REPORTS TO: Director of Competitive Swim
POSITION HOURS: full-time position; hours vary based on department needs; generally weekdays, weekends and holidays may be required. Overnight travel for out of town swim meets on occasion
Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the competitive swim office. Supports Director of Competitive Swim and swim team employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material; Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures;
Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
As a swim coach, provide positive leadership, instruction and motivation to swim team participants. Assist with on-site/off-site swim meets along with other swim team functions throughout the year as needed. Support the development of swim team goals and workouts.
ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General support of Competitive Swim teams as needed
- Assist the Director of Competitive Swim in organizing and promoting all special events
- Maintain and update files and copes of all correspondence, rosters, program information and materials in relation to competitive swim
- Process all registrations, calls, emails and in person contact interaction in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with all parents and swim team participants via email, phone or in-person
- Processes regular communication to parents and swim team members as directed by the Director of Competitive Swim
- Assist with marketing, registration, and logistics for Year-Round Competitive Swim, Seasonal Swim Sessions, Summer League Swim Team, and various High School Swim Teams that utilize PAC’s Facility
- Handle swim meet entries via HY-TEK software for year round, summer league, and high school swim teams
- Assist with other special projects assigned by the Competitive Swim Director
- Handle swim team gear ordering and inventory
- Book team and coach travel for out of town swim meets.
- Works within the setting of the overall back-office team, and serves as the link between other departments such as the business office and the Director of Competitive Swim
COACHING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide and promote excellent customer service and decision making skills at all times.
- Communicate any issues or concerns regarding swimmer/parent to the Head Swim Coach in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for the sport, motivate swimmers and help develop a positive team atmosphere.
- Assist the Head Swim Team Coach in creating a positive environment and administer thorough age-appropriate workouts focusing on technique, endurance, stroke development, and building endurance.
- Assist the Head Swim Team Coach by identifying goals and presenting instructional methods for the swim team and work with the swimmers to achieve their individual goals.
- Assist with swim meet line-ups as needed, record times at swim meets, and provide positive feedback to swimmers before, during, and after each meet.
- Attend swim team social events such as meets, meetings, social events, etc., as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment for swim team participants.
- Maintain CPR/AED First Aid certification.
- Maintain USA-Swimming Coach Certification.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings as well as in-service training programs and become familiar with the department’s emergency plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Abide by the policies & procedures outlined in the PAC Employee Handbook.
- Strong organizational skills and computer literacy are needed to effectively perform the duties of this position.
- Willingness to work odd hours and be prepared to step up as a leader at short notice in order performs duties as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a general office setting
- Ability to interact and communicate with swimmers, staff and parents in a positive, friendly and encouraging manner.
- Team player with abilities to lead and to following a positive manner.
- Ability to be assertive in a patient and nurturing manner.
- Maintain CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications in addition to any other required certifications.
- Willingness to attain USA Swimming Administrative Official certification
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, and the ability to learn other applicable systems appropriately including HY-TEK Software
- Excellent customer service and communications skills with attention to detail
- Team player with the abilities to both lead and follow in a positive manner; Must co-work with other Coaches, while working independently with your groups.
- Strong stroke technique background, patience working with younger swimmers, and keep swimming fun mentality.
- Must be patient and nurturing
- Professional appearance and poise while on deck and/or anywhere within the club
- High School Graduate or equivalent preferred
- Competitive swimming experience preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of coaching experience preferred
- Ability to teach swimming techniques which fall in line with the goals of the team at the direction of the Head Swim Team Coach
- Maintain CPR and First Aid certification in addition to any other required certifications.