The Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club is conducting a search for an Age Group Swim Coach. TTSC is a multi-site team that operates out of pools in both Tigard and Tualatin, OR. We currently have approximately 130 swimmers ranging from age 5 to 18.
The Age Group Coach of the Tigard-Tualatin Swim Club demonstrates leadership and responsibility in coaching our novice-level swim groups. S/he will be involved in all aspects of the TTSC program, including (but not limited to) scheduling, training, performance, and safety.
- Plan and conduct 1-2 hours per day of on-deck coaching (currently 3-4 hours due to COVID scheduling), working with our novice groups – Junior 2 and Junior 1 – as needed.
- Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face).
- Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum in conjunction with the Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach.
- Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or Head Age Group Coach.
- Minimum of 1 year successful experience as an Age Group swim coach with a USA Swimming team is preferred (prior experience teaching swim lessons also OK).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive and energetic presence with a passion for teaching technique.
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Preferred start date: Immediate. The position will remain open until filled. Salary range: $16-$18 per hour, commensurate with experience.
For more information about our team and programs, please visit our website at www.ttsc.org
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Brad Robbins, TTSC Head Coach, at email@example.com