- Assistant CoachLocation: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Job description: Assistant Coach
- Reports to: Head Coach/Swim Utah board
- Pay: Hourly with potential to going to salary, commensurate with coaching experience
- Hours: Under 25 hours. Depends on the needs of the team.
Job goal: To align with the policy and procedures set forth by the Swim Utah team and to assist the Head Coach in developing our athletes to make an un-compromised commitment to the pursuit of excellence, through the process of striving to be the best that they can be, to acquire life enhancing attributes such as respect, discipline, integrity and commitment.
- CPR/AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, APT, Background check and in good standing with USA Swimming and ASCA Level 2
- Comprehension of Team Unify and/or Team Manager
- Abides by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements
- Demonstrate a healthy lifestyle through maintaining and /or improving a commitment to good
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Embrace and advocate the Swim Utah team culture.
- Passion for coaching and working with variable leveled athletes and age groups
- Comprehension of stroke development and technique fundamentals
- Basic understanding of dryland training for developmental athletes
- Plan, prepare, and conduct group practices in accordance with the Swim Utah mission, vision and coaching philosophy.
- Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Coach
- Assist with set up & tear down of hosted meets
- Assist in facilitating Events
- Commit to continued coaching education
On Job Time Requirements:
- Attend and actively participate in all assigned staff meetings
- Attend all the assigned meets for the practice group
- Willingness to coach any group required for progress for the team
- Arrive at practice and meets on time and prepared May require morning, afternoon, evening and weekend hours
- Delivers feedback to all athletes at meets.
- Prepare daily, weekly and season plan for required groups using team guidelines supplied by head coach.
- Communicate all actions regularly between coaches and Head Coach
- Excellent email communication to parents with timely response (within 24 hours)
- Continually assess goals with athletes and communicate to parents in a patient and respectable manner
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor and sportsmanship for the athletes
- Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
To apply email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org