JOB DESCRIPTION: LAKESIDE SITE COACH (Slidell, LA)
Nu Wave Swim Club is seeking an energetic, self-motivated, passionate swim coach to serve as the Head Site Coach for our site at the Lakeside Swim Club pool in Slidell, Louisiana. Qualified candidates will have strong communication skills.
Nu Wave Swim Club (WAVE) has four sites across the greater New Orleans area. Nu Wave has reached Level 4 status in the USA Swimming Club Recognition Program. In 2019, Nu Wave was recognized as a Bronze Medal Club in USA Swimming’s Club Excellence Program. Nu Wave is also Safe Sport Recognized.
Head Site Coach duties include:
- Oversee and supervise Lakeside Site staff. Report on monthly coach hours, vacation/sick days, and periodic reviews. Recruit and recommend new coach hires as needed.
- Work with Lakeside Site staff to establish goals for WAVE swimmers, oversee swimmer progress, and communicate progression plans.
- Set practice schedules, practice groups, and criteria for advancement from group to group in partnership with the WAVE Head Coach.
- Communicate effectively with WAVE Head Coach and Board of Directors.
- Emphasize the importance of proper technique, teamwork, learning in a group setting, work ethic, and sportsmanship.
- Effectively manage swim team administrative tasks, which may include but are not limited to, meet entries, email communication to families and swimmers, etc.
- Coordinate evaluations for all incoming swimmers eligible for Lakeside Site programs.
- Hold education meetings with parents and swimmers as agreed upon with the WAVE Head Coach.
- Contribute to coaches’ communications including team news/updates.
- Communicate statistics on team members, such as practice and meet attendance, goal achievement, and team records.
- Facilitate progress toward USA Swimming Club Recognition and Club Excellence Goals.
- Develop cooperative and supportive relationships with the City of Slidell, including local high schools, middle schools, and summer recreation teams.
- Positively represent WAVE in the local community, as well as within the Louisiana Swimming community.
- Abide by and actively uphold the USA Swimming Code of Conduct and all M.A.A.P.P. policies.
- U.S. citizen eligible to work in Louisiana.
- Has all USA Swimming Coaching Certification requirements or is able to acquire and maintain appropriate certifications in a timely manner.
- 3+ years of coaching experience with administrative responsibilities.
- Competitive swimming experience at a year-round club level preferred.
- Experience with TeamUnify platform. Have the ability to contribute to registration and website needs.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to team’s goals and assigned responsibilities.
- On deck schedule is Monday-Saturday after school during the academic calendar, summer scheduling typically a morning schedule but dependent on summer programming
- Additional hours required for swim meets and administrative duties.
- Perform facility duties that may include but are not limited to: opening/closing procedures, chemical checks, general upkeep of the deck space, organization of team equipment, etc.
- Creativity and proficiency through social media outlets are a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ROSS HEDRICK, 719-649-1606