The Bon Air Community Association swim team is in looking for experienced and outgoing coaches for Head Coach and Assistant Coaching positions for the 2021 season. Candidates are responsible for assisting with all of the functions of the summer swim team, including but not limited to practice management, swimmer development, public relations and overall operation of the team.
Here are some highlights of our team:
- We swim in the C Division of the RMAL League
- We have about 100 swimmers, about 60% of those are under the age of 10
- Our swim season runs from mid-May through the end of July
- A normal season includes 6 swim meets on Tuesday nights from 6:00 until around 10:30. Swim championships is held as an all-day event on a weekday at the end of July. However we are not sure whether meets and championships will be held this year (we did only "in house" meets last summer, for safety)
- We have morning and evening practices on weekdays only, so weekends are free! (morning practices don't start until mid-June)
- The head coach is supported by 3-4 assistant coaches, as well as a group of parents that organize different aspects of the Swim Team (Parent Volunteers, Social, Marketing/Fundraising, Spirit Wear, etc.)
- Our coach pay is competitive, and is a great source of extra income over the summer for teachers!
If you are interested in learning more, please reach out!