At Pocono Springs Camp, we staff our camp with outstanding people who are dedicated to working with children and creating an atmosphere of family, spirit, and excitement. If you have a passion for life and a desire to impact the lives of children by helping them be their best selves and to also grow as an individual yourself, Pocono Springs is the right place for you. Being a camp counselor is not only one of the most important and rewarding jobs you will ever have — it’s the hardest job that you will ever love!
Our Waterfront consists of a 16-acre lake with Aqua Playground, Canoe, Kayaking & Paddleboarding, Waterski/Wakeboarding, and a Pool that overlooks the lake! Our "Swim Staff" provide swim instruction in our pool, as well as provide more advanced instruction for our "Swim Team". They also have a part in lifeguarding in all areas of the waterfront, including at our Aqua Playground.
We have a 10-day Orientation to prepare you for our swim instruction program, as well as to complete your Lifeguard Certification if you do not have a current certificate.
*COVID-19: We have been, and will continue to, work diligently on creating our Covid-19 plan to ensure all members of our community stay healthy and safe throughout the camp season. Check out our Covid Blueprint HERE*
Activity Specialist Description:
• Lives in a cabin with a group of 6 – 12 children and 2 co-counselors• Provides quality instruction in your specialized program area. (i.e. Athletics, Arts & Crafts, Adventure, Waterfront, etc.)
• Will provide age-specific activities/drills that represent the age of the campers you are working with
• To be a great role model to all campers you interact with in your program area
• Will be creative and innovative in keeping your program area fresh and exciting
• Act as a leader, guide, helper, and positive role model with your group of assigned campers.
• Maintains maximum safety for all campers at all times.• Participates in all daily camp activities with your campers and other staff.
• Establishes with campers the way we do things in the daily routine of cabin cleanliness, personal hygiene, sleep, and rest.
• Help campers develop life skills including independence, cooperation, responsibility & perseverance.
We will certify you during our staff orientation if you do not have current certification and aren't able to schedule one due to Covid-19 closures.
Salary begins at $1800 for a freshman in college who already has their Lifeguard Certification and increases based on year completed at University and experience in the field of instruction. Includes room & board, laundry services, staff t-shirts, and an AMAZING work experience.
Email email@example.com for more information!