We seek an ambitious, energetic, and knowledgeable head coach to oversee all aspects of training for our team (age groups to seniors). We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Courtside Aquatics is a year-round USA competitive team offering high-quality professional coaching technique instruction for all ages and abilities. We pride ourselves in offering a fun and positive environment where all swimmers have the opportunity to learn and grow. Practice center and swim facilities located at Salem Tennis and Swim Club, in Salem, Oregon.
Qualifications: Current USA Swimming certification, CPR/First Aid certification, lifeguard certification. Current CPO certification (or willingness to obtain one) is desirable. The qualified candidate must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with athletes of all ages and skill level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, and the candidate must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily.
1. Direct all aspects of the senior and age group swim programs, including dryland training schedules and participation in swim meets.
2. Ensure the safety, physical and social welfare of all athletes.
3. Be responsible for certifying that all coaches and staff hold current CPR/First Aid/lifeguard certifications. All coaches must also maintain current USA/OSI certifications.
4. Collaborate with the Assistant Coach and the Courtside Board of Directors.
5. Maintain attendance records for all practices on TeamUnify.
6. Uphold the swimming pool quality standards in accordance with all local and health regulations. Keep the pool clean and free of hazards.
7. Monitor pool chemicals, record them in a daily log, and take quick and appropriate action in case malfunction occurs.
8. Maintain records on all pool procedures and assure proper control.
9. Order supplies as needed.
10. Respond to all administrative correspondence within a reasonable time frame; attend all staff meetings.
11. Communicate weekly with swimmers and their families through newsletters, website updates, social media postings.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully the candidate must have knowledge of pool maintenance procedures, including chemical treatment, sanitizing, cleaning, filtrations systems, problem diagnosis, draining etc. Skill in use of personal computers and related software applications is useful, as is the ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
Pay range: $16.50 - $20.00 / HR dependent on qualifications. Additional earning opportunities based on club promotion and efforts to grow the team.
Reports To: Courtside Aquatic Board of Directors. Current practice schedule: Mon-Friday 3pm-8pm, Saturday 7-9 am.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit inquiries and resumes to Courtside Aquatic Team. Email to Davis@courtsideaquatic.com.