Silver Creek Valley Country Club in San Jose, California is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Aquatics Director. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior customer service to the clubs members & guests managed by Troon.
The Aquatics Director supervises all pool activities and ensures the appropriate performance and conduct of all lifeguards, swim instructors, and other direct reports. The Aquatics Director will oversee the operations of the year round and the cabana swim team and assist with coaching and swim meets. Aquatics Director will develop new programming to attract new and retain current members and participants. The Aquatics Director will operate the department within budget, as well as handling all administrative responsibilities for the Aquatics Center.
Key Responsibilities of the Aquatics Director:
- Provide a comfortable, safe pool environment for Members and Guests. Interaction with members and children is critical to success at this position.
- Provide events and activities throughout the spring and summer to engage members at the pool.
- Oversees and coordinates the recruitment, training, scheduling, certification, and performance of employees of the facility; supervises the day-to-day activities of staff and pool custodial employees.
- Oversees and coordinates the administration of the facility.
- Coordinate the maintenance of the pools, to include chemistry, climate control, cleanliness, and related maintenance with the Facilities Manager and Management.
- Ensures that all appropriate water, environmental, health and safety standards are maintained; ensures pools are compliant with all local, state and national requirements and current on all necessary certifications required for operation.
- Develops, implements, and oversees a variety of aquatics programs for all member groups.
- Develops and maintains records of operational facility usage; monitors and maintains inventories of pool equipment and supplies.
- Ensure all members and guests are properly logged and billed.
- Oversee security of the facility to prevent nonmembers from entering.
- Coordinate with Swim Team Coaches to ensure safety, develop coaches and member children skills.
- Coordinate a youth learn to swim program and adult swim lessons and properly bill the members.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned such as club’s youth activities.
Minimum Qualifications for the Aquatics Director:
- An associate’s degree with focus in recreation preferred
- At least three years of work experience in aquatics.
- Lifeguard Certification
- CPR/AED Certification
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to supervise and train lifeguards, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and the ability to work effectively with membership and staff.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Knowledge of optimal swimming pool water chemistry, temperature, and cleanliness standards.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations, policies, and guidelines for the operation of private club swimming pools.
- Ability to recruit, train, and certify lifeguards when necessary.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of operating a large pool aquatic facility
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Full-Time with Benefits
Please email the following:
Resume (letter of application will be sent to the email or address provided for completion)
Overview of aquatic and coaching accomplishments and service
List of three (3) current references with contact information
Statement of coaching philosophy
Schedule: Hours will Vary
Work Remotely: No
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment required
Plastic shield at work stations
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place