Killer Whales Swim Club is currently looking to fill the position of Head Coach. For 40
years Killer Whales has been a not-for-profit organization, committed to promoting the
well-being of youth in our community through the sport of competitive swimming. The
club attracts swimmers throughout Cowlitz County and trains at Dick Mealy Memorial
Pool (Mark Morris High School, Longview, WA) with most swim meet competition in
Northwest Oregon and Southwest Washington. KWSC has about 45 swimmers ranging
from 6-18 years in age. Longview, WA is located 50 miles north of Portland, OR on I-5.
The head coach will enthusiastic and properly train age group and senior swimmers
while working with an assistant coach to develop novice swimmers for competition.
KWSC is looking for a coach with a willingness to help swimmers be the best they can
be in and out of the pool while fostering a love for the sport of swimming.
Essential Job Functions
- Unwavering positive talk.
- Planning of yearly, seasonal, and daily training and goals for swimmers and the club.
- Communication with swimmers, families, assistant coaches, and board members.
- Building teamwork, ideals, and swimmer experiences needed to create healthy club
enthusiasm and a competitive spirit with other clubs in the region.
- Provides timely meet information to swimmers in person and through Team Unify.
- Processing meet entries results and attendance utilizing Team Manager.
- Administrative duties: attendance tracking, new swimmer support, managing a safe
environment, coaches and board meetings, and adherence to budgetary guidelines.
- Adhere to all USA Swimming policies, rules and regulations.
- Experience in a competitive swim environment required.
- An ability to obtain lifeguard certification is required.
- Previous head swim coaching experience is preferred.
- Applicants must be able to meet the coach membership requirements of USA Swimming upon being selected for the job.
Salary: $18.00/hour, approximately 15 hours a week and 1-2 weekend meets per month
Interested candidates may submit their cover letter, resume and reference page via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you provide at least two references that can be contacted regarding your swimming experience.