ISSAQUAH SWIM TEAM
Open Position: Head Senior Coach
Description: Issaquah Swim Team is seeking an experienced, passionate, professional, and energetic individual to serve as our next Head Senior Coach. This full-time employee will be responsible for working with our top-tier senior athletes as well as partnering with our Head Coach to develop all aspects of our Senior Program with the goal of instilling a culture of success both in and out of the water.
About IST: Issaquah Swim Team is a 300+ member year-round competitive swim team operating out of several facilities in the greater Issaquah, WA area. Our mission is to develop accomplished athletes and well-rounded individuals through competitive swimming. We have passionate coaches who are swimmer-centric, promote life-long learning through a philosophy of growth, and seek to actively participate in our larger community.
Responsibilities: The Head Senior Coach would work directly with the Head Coach to refine and implement a joint vision for technique, training, and performance excellence that complements our team Mission, Vision, and Values. Additional responsibilities would include:
• Serving as the lead coach for two Senior Groups
• Attending meets (1+ per month on weekends; some out-of-state travel expected)
• Attending staff meetings
• Communicating important information to other coaches, athletes, and parents
• Responding to electronic communication
• Completing meet entries
• Assisting or substituting for other coaches as needed
• Maintaining all required coaching certifications
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a passion for competitive swimming and be an excellent teacher and role model for our athletes. They will share IST’s mission, pursue our team vision, and adhere to our organizational values. Additionally, candidates should have:
• Bachelor’s degree
• ASCA Level 3 or higher
• 4+ years of coaching experience
• A demonstrated track record of developing high performance athletes
• Previous competitive swimming experience
• The ability to obtain and maintain all required USA Swimming certifications including passing a background check
• The ability to obtain and maintain Lifeguarding/First Aid & CPR/AED certifications
Compensation: Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Employee will be eligible for twice-yearly bonuses. Financial support for professional development and ongoing education is also available.
Contact: Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter including coaching philosophy, and up to three professional references to Tim Kearney, Head Coach & CEO, at email@example.com.