Lakeshore Sport & Fitness is Chicago's #1 destination for sport and fitness. We are a diverse community of like-minded people who participate in social, instructional, and competitive sporting activities; and who seek to improve and enhance our lives by achieving levels of personal fitness. Sound like something you would like to be a part of?
Our Stingrays Head Swim Team Coach will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and will help our Swim Team members improve their swimming in our 25 meters and 9 lane lap pool. A typical day for a Head Swim Team Coach could include writing and leading Swim Team Group Workouts according to a season plan. They will develop and manage the Swim Team Coaches to grow the team together. They will also oversee registering new participants for the Team as well as maintaining the cleanliness and order of our Aquatics Facilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
- Initiates, develops and maintains positive relationships with participants
- Responds to member questions regarding Lakeshore Sport & Fitness programs, policies and procedures
- Promotes and sells all Aquatics programs and services
- Acts as the liaison between the Aquatics Department Head, USA Swimming, Swim Coaches and Parents
- Participates in weekly 1-on-1 meetings with the Aquatics Manager and club management meetings
- Writes the season plan and workout templates for each season
- Enters the swimmers into the swim meet program
- Provides a safe, clean and organized pool area
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of swim coaching experience
- Must have all USA Swimming requirements as a head coach.
- CPR/AED certification required within the first 3 months of hire
- Ability to work in a stationery position and move about the club for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to communicate and exchange information with guests who have inquiries about Lakeshore Sport & Fitness products and services