Swim Instructors Needed - Growth Opportunities Available - Fun Work Environment and Team Culture!
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and reward hard work with shout awards, gift cards and fun social events! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or anyone who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities for career development exist for the right candidate.
Atlanta Swim Academy is rapidly expanding and we are looking for Part-Time Swim Instructors to start immediately. Make a difference in your community by helping students of all ages learn to be safe in the water. Gain leadership, communication and group management skills in a fun filled family atmosphere. Swim Instructors are the core of Atlanta Swim Academy’s learn to swim program. They teach age- and ability-appropriate progressive skills to swimmers—from basic foundational skills for young swimmers to competition-specific training for advanced swimmers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead small groups (1-4) of swimmers through a series of progressively challenging swim skills.
- Plan and effectively organize class time through lesson plans.
- Teach and lead with encouragement and positive reinforcement.
- Provide for consistency in instruction by working each assigned lesson.
- Communicate with parents and swimmers on progress towards goals.
- Complete any necessary paperwork and reports.
- Enforce all facility policies, rules and regulations.
- Cover all material required in a level.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of swimming skills and mechanics
- Excellent communication skills with children and adults
- Comfortable working with children of all ages
- Ability to lead and motivate
- Available to work at least one 4-hour shift either Sat. or Sun.
We have found most success in team members that possess the following background/experience:
- Teaching / Coaching
- Health / Fitness
- Sports & Recreation
- Physical Training
- Education / Childcare
- Leadership & Team Management
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Outgoing Personality
- Organizational Skills
- Atlanta Swim Academy offers professional growth opportunities for those that qualify.
- Full, Paid training provided.
- Health Insurance is available to full-time employees.
- Employee discount.
- Employee Referral Program.
- Employee Assistance Program including: work-life resources, legal & financial resources and access to virtual counselling sessions - (all resources are free and confidential)
- Paid-Time-Off Program for full-time employees.
- Team building outings and functions.