Southern Crescent Aquatic Team (SCAT) is looking for an experienced Age Group Coach
This employee will be responsible for working with our 6–14-year-old athletes as well as partnering with our Head Coach to develop all aspects of our program with the goal of instilling a culture of success both in and out of the water.
Position: Age Group Coach
Job Open Date: August 1, 2021
Work Location: Peachtree City, GA
Pay Rate: commensurate with experience.
Days/Hours: Monday- Saturday.
Swim Meets: 1-2/month. Some are one day meets. Some are weekend long. Staff is paid hourly plus gas for meets outside of local area.
- Work with the Head Coach to build an Age Group philosophy.
- Work with swimmers ages 6-14 novice through Zone Qualifiers.
- Work with a minimum of 2 groups while overseeing all parts of the 14 & under program.
- This person should have at least 3 years of coaching experience.
- Be an effective communicator with parents, coaches, and swimmers.
- They should have a sound stroke mechanic philosophy.
- Have a track record of success producing fast age group swimmers.
- Understand the long-term development of the swimmer.
- Experience in developing young coaches is a plus.
- They should also be proficient with Microsoft Office and an understanding of Team Unify and Meet/Team Manager.
- The ability to obtain and maintain all required USA Swimming certifications including passing a background check.
- The ability to obtain and maintain First Aid & CPR/AED certifications
- HOW TO APPLY
- Contact: Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter including coaching philosophy, and up to three professional references to Denise Sturman @ email@example.com.