Date posted: June 18, 2021
Location: Stafford, VA, USA
STAT Swim Team is seeking an Assistant Coaches for age group 6 - 14 years of age to join our established and successful swim team based in Stafford, VA. STAT Swim Team is home to National junior team members, Olympic trial qualifiers, and National champions. With over 100 swimmers and counting we train in and out of the water.
We are looking for a time commitment of 10-20 hours. This would include practices, swim meets and other administrative duties as needed. Candidates must demonstrate a proven aptitude for coaching as illustrated by a strong work ethic, organizational skills, and the ability to interact professionally. The successful candidate must work closely with other coaches in carrying out the philosophy and objectives of STAT Swim Team
Pay will be commensurate with experience.
- Plan and execute the training for assigned groups under the directions of Head Age Group Coach, Michelle Pugh.
- Assist the Head Coach with execution of training for the Age Group and younger groups.
- Other Duties for the coach include, but are not limited to:
- Motivating swimmers of all ages to be great in a positive way
- Helping the Head Age Group Coach develop and implement a seasonal plan for the including dry-land
- Assisting with other groups as needed
- Administrative duties, such as, meet entry, tracking progress, and email communication with parents
- Attending staff meetings as scheduled
- Attending swim meets as needed
- Attending team functions (picnic, team-building activities)
- Strong understanding of the sport of swimming and the rules and regulations
- A sound understanding of stroke mechanics and training techniques.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of competitive swim experience
- Communicate effectively and timely with the coaching staff, swimmers and parents as needed
- Must have/demonstrate professionalism, decision making skills, and a willingness to follow directives from the Head Coach, and Head Age Group Coach
- Individual characteristics: positive, energetic, flexible, passionate, team-oriented, etc.
- Must have, or obtain prior to start date, all relevant USA Swimming coach certifications: Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check, and Athlete Protection Training
- Must have, or be willing to learn, basic working knowledge of Team Unify
- Must have a desire to learn and continue coaching education
- 2+ years of coaching experience
- Preference given to swim experience at a college level