Flagstaff Snow Sharks
Head Swim Team Coach, Part-Time
P.O. Box 22037
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Flagstaff Snow Sharks is a USA Swimming Swim Team. We are located in beautiful Flagstaff, Arizona. We train in the pines at an elevation of 7000’. We operate as a 501-3-c non profit organization, the Head Swim Coach reports to the board of directors. For over 40 years we have met all the needs of the Flagstaff Swim Community for ages 18 and under. Our services encompass swim lessons all the way to our competitive USA Swim Team with members qualifying for National meets. We provide a fun, safe swim team experience and ensure an age appropriate program tailored to the abilities of the participants. We maintain the highest safety standards at all times and encourage improvement of the swimmers and the team.
Swim Team Programming:
- Keep informed of all trends and developments in the Swim Team world and provide vision for future programming.
- Routinely evaluate programs, along with staff and board, and make changes to ensure high quality and meaningful service to swim team members.
- Develop a seasonal plan to train all competing swim team members to compete at their optimal abilities.
- Communicate the seasonal plan with swimmers and parents.
- Develop dryland practices for appropriate groups.
- Participate in out of town swim meets.
- Communicate with the Board President/Team Administrator on a weekly basis.
- Work with the Team Administrator to communicate policies and programs to families and participants to promote participation and establish relationships that extend beyond a single swim team season.
- Work with swimmers on their goals from the start of the season to the last event of the season.
- Select swim meets for each season based on your seasonal plan.
- Encourage swimmers to attend swim meets/communicate the importance.
- Select events for swimmers based on their abilities and their goals.
- Maintain working relationships with other swim teams.
- Highly encouraged participation with Arizona Swimming LSC.
- Promote the Snow Sharks wherever possible.
Staffing and Supervision:
- Head Coach will work with the Team Administrator to recruit, train, and evaluate coaching staff.
- Head Coach will supervise Competitive team coaches, set their daily schedules and meet schedules.
- Organize and communicate with Assistant Coaches and Instructors for a cohesive swim program including the seasonal plan.
Facility and Equipment:
- Maintain high safety standards in the pool area.
- Ensure safe and correct use of venue facilities and equipment.
- Maintain inventory and request swim team gear as needed and ensure that gear is properly secured and stored.
- Respect all venue facilities, leaving the pool and related areas clean and tidy.
Required Instructor/Coaching Certification:
- Current certification as an USA Swim Team Coach
- Must pass USA Swimming background check
Prefered Safety Training:
- Current certification in American Red Cross Lifeguarding or all required certifications for USA Swimming Certification
- Current certification as an American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working with youth and adults
- Experience in recreational programming
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Starting at $22 hour with additional compensation for meets, and administrative duties. Approximately 15 hours a week on deck and up to 5 hours administrative work per 2 weeks.