BLUE WAVE Swim Team in Ashburn VA is searching for an age-group coach to assist with our age group programs. The position is part time, 6 days a week and 3 hours per day. Meet coaching opportunities are also available. The anticipated start date is August 30, 2021.
- Attend daily workouts and swim meets as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Be involved with the team off the deck at team gatherings and activities.
- Work with the Head Coach to develop and implement seasonal, weekly, and daily training plans for squads.
- Teach and train the swimmers in proper stroke techniques and racing strategies as appropriate for the age and developmental level of the squad.
- Prepare, approve, and submit swimmers’ meet entries.
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships with the swimmers and their parents.
- Participate fully in squad practices including both dryland and in-water activities.
- Recommend practice level placement and changes for all swimmers currently in practice squads and in one squad below current training squad.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within BWST and communicate regularly with coaching staff.
- Maintain daily attendance records for the squad.
- One-year competitive swim coaching experience (preferred)
- 5 years competitive swimming experience (preferred)
- Energetic, patient and gives simple instructions.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Current in USA Swimming required certifications (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Athlete Protection, Concussion Protocol Training, Background check, Coaches Advantage Training, Foundations of Coaching) or the ability to obtain the certifications.
Compensation: Hourly pay ranges from $20-$25 per hour and will be based on experience and qualifications.
Resumes can be sent to Head Coach Michael Kraeuter at email@example.com
Location: Ashburn, VA