Do you genuinely love being around the water? Do you have a strong passion for educating and being around children? Do you enjoy working in an upbeat and active workplace? If your answer is yes, then Park Maitland School has a new opportunity open that could be the right place for you!
At Park Maitland School our Swim Instructor is primarily responsible for teaching engaging swim lessons centered on water safety to our elementary students. Our Instructors are responsible for progressing their students while ensuring that they are having fun and enjoying themselves in the lessons. At Park Maitland, we love people with a positive mindset who are fantastic team players.
- Complete weekly continual swim lessons to students at our indoor campus pool
- Ensure the safety of their students, coworkers, and themselves
- Instruct and evaluate students in groups, demonstrate proper swimming technique, and observe students to identify and correct mistakes.
- Interacts with parents/guardians on the activities and development of students’ swim skills.
- Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment.
- Provides a safe, clean, and organized pool area
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have 3 years of swim teaching experience.
- Current CPR and First Aid required
- Must be willing to work in the water
- A genuine passion for working with children
- Must be open to feedback and receptive to change
- Must be able to communicate well with our students and parents
- Strong ability to adapt quickly to change