Lower Moreland Swimming and Diving (LMOR), based in Lower Moreland, PA, is seeking applications for the position of Head Swim Coach. The ideal candidate will continue to guide and grow a year-round age group aquatics program as well as promote positive enthusiasm around the sport of swimming for all levels of development. The Head Coach will foster positive relationships and communicate well with their coaching staff, swim team members and parents, and the Board of Directors.
LMOR competes in the Suburban Aquatic League (SAL) and USA Swimming (Middle Atlantic LSC). The club has around 200 swimmers throughout its various swim levels and trains out of Lower Moreland High School in a 6-lane, 25-yard pool. LMOR is a parent-managed organization with a dedicated and passionate Board of Directors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all levels of swimming, setting goals and developing training plans for all groups
- Provide coaching that is technically, age, and developmentally appropriate
- Serves as primary coach for LMOR’s two highest training levels
- Proactively establish and maintain good swim team parent relations which includes providing appropriate levels of access and communication
- Plan team practice and meet schedules, including coach scheduling and meet entry assignments/line-ups
- Recruit, retain, supervise and mentor effective coaching staff; observes practices and provides feedback to staff; plans and directs monthly staff meetings
- Attend scheduled meets. In the event of meet conflicts, attends highest level of competition
- Serve as a non-voting member of the LMOR Board and attends all monthly board meetings
- Maintain a healthy professional relationship with the Board, collaborating on strategic planning, marketing, vision, goals, fundraising endeavors, and other key initiatives
- Attend SAL and USA Swimming meetings as necessary
- Utilize social media to promote the organization and engage with current and prospective families
- Maintain team database for times and records in addition to practice records
- Pursue training, certifications, and continuing development as they relate to the program and position responsibilities
- A minimum of three years of swim coaching experience
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification (in good standing) and preferably have Level 3 ASCA certification
- A passion for the sport and ability to work with swimmers with varying ability/commitment levels
- Strong organizational, leadership, and management skills
- Working knowledge of Hy-Tek Team Manager and Meet Manager, in addition to TeamUnify (or other similar platform)
- 4-year college degree preferred
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest outlining coaching philosophy; resume; and three references. All inquiries and submitted resumes will be confidential. References and current employer will not be contacted until after applicant is a finalist for the position. Finalist must be able to pass USA Swimming coach background checks. Desired start date is August 2021. Salary range is competitive and commensurate with experience. Club covers travel, professional dues, and has a budget for continuing education and coach development.
Applications should be submitted to Anna Ferker, Club President, at firstname.lastname@example.org