HANOVER AQUATICS, INC.
Head Age Group Coach
Hanover Aquatics, Inc.
Listed July 28, 2021
Start Date Fall 2021
Hanover Aquatics, Inc., a 501 (C) (3) swim organization located in Hanover County, Virginia is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head Age Group Coach. The Head Age Group Coach is responsible for the training of our Category 3 & 4 level swimmers, ranging in ages from 11-14, as well as overseeing the progression of those swimmers into Senior level (Category 5) program. Currently Hanover Aquatics has approximately 140 swimmers in our year-round program. Hanover Aquatics offers training beginning with our developmental program up to our Senior program which currently supports Futures, NCSA, ISCA, Sectional, Senior Champs, and Zone Team qualifiers. The ideal candidate for the Head Age Group Coach position at Hanover Aquatics will have a passion for swimming, working with and developing swimmers of all skill levels.
Specific Responsibilities of the Head Age Group Coach:
- Promote an environment that fosters positive team relationships.
- Provide social and emotional support for athletes and at the same time individualized attention to meet each athletes' needs.
- Conduct himself / herself as a professional, enthusiastic, and positive coach who exhibits respectful and effective teaching and communication skills.
- Develop and execute a seasonal plan to include a training program, goal setting, and dryland routines.
- Assist with team growth and marketing through various recruiting avenues.
- Lead all Category 3 & 4 practices during weekday evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Create meet entries for Category 3 & 4 swimmers.
- Attend meets to include training, regional, state, and national level meets.
- Meet entry submissions for all meets. Coordinate with other coaches and submit entries in a timely fashion. Communicate entries and meet information to entire team.
- Maintain and update team records.
Candidate Requirements / Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Current USA Swimming coach certification in good standing with Athlete Protection Training
- At least three full years coaching experience
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches or American Red Cross Life Guard certification
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification
- Criminal Background Investigation
Compensation: Package Includes:
- Salary range: $30,000-$37,000, commensurate with experience
- Travel meet expenses
- Professional dues
- Continuing education budget
- Paid vacation
Practice Hours (can vary due to school schedules):
- Monday – Thursday: 4:15pm – 8:00pm
- Friday: 4:15pm – 6:30pm
- Saturday: 7am – 10:30am
Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our swim team visit our website www.hanoveraquatics.com.