The Louisville Dolphins Swim Team is seeking a Head Swim Coach. The team participates in the Boulder Valley Summer Swim League with a competitive season running from May through July. The Louisville Dolphins Swim Team is a non-profit organization based in Louisville, Colorado that provides a summer swim team for swimmers ages 5-18. We celebrate over 200 swimmers on the roster. We support our athletes in the development of their swimming skills by providing a competitive environment built upon the principals of having fun, team spirit, and sportsmanship.
- Direct the team pursuant to the mission and vision of the Louisville Dolphins Swim Team.
- Coordinate and participate in the coaching of all team age groups. The includes planning workouts and overall team goals to lead a swim program that is technically, age and developmentally appropriate and allows swimmers of different abilities to reach their highest potential.
- Organize and supervise assistant swim team coaches for a cohesive swim program, including developing daily practice schedules and meet schedules for the assistant coaches.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of the coaching staff.
- Communicate with athletes and their families about the overall seasonal goals and weekly plans during the season.
- Develop dryland workouts for appropriate age groups.
- Guide and support athletes in setting and achieving goals for the season.
- Attend swim meets, team building events, and league meetings.
- Attend monthly Board of Directors meetings and communicate problems to Board members.
- Coordinate with athletes and assistant coaches for athlete event selection.
- Address questions or concerns raised by athletes and their families.
- Maintain safety standards in pool area, including following pool policies and procedures and responding to emergency situations.
- Ensure safe and correct use of venue facilities and equipment.
- Maintain positive working relationships with other teams and the city.
- Knowledge of technical and training aspects of competitive swimming.
- Experience coaching in competitive swimming.
- Strong, professional communication skills.
- Positive representation of the team at meets, league meetings and in communications with other coaches, meet officials, and city staff.
- Positive attitude to provide a model for the assistant coaches, athletes, and families.
- Broad understanding of swim software, including Team Manager and Team Unify.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR/AED Certifications.
- Must pass all appropriate background checks.