Capital City Country Club
General Job Description: Manages all aquatic facilities, staff, activities, programs and events to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all members. Must be available in-season holidays (Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day) and seasonal weekends (May, June, July and August).
Reports to: Health and Fitness Director.
Supervises: Pool Management Company, Swim Coaches (Head and Assistants), Water Aerobics Instructors.
Classification: Full-time, Year-Round.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pool Management Company.
- Oversee lifeguard scheduling, rotation, performance, etc.
- Oversee pool maintenance – ensure cleanliness, proper chemical balance, filtration, etc.
- Directs the patrolling of the pool and enforcement of safety rules and regulations.
- Develops and maintains a pool safety program.
- Oversee seasonal pool opening and closing.
- Club Maintenance Services and Housekeeping.
- Collaborate with Maintenance Staff with regards to pool operation, pool equipment and surrounding deck/area.
- Collaborate with housekeeping re: restrooms, towel service, trash receptacles, etc.
- Collaborate with all departments re: seasonal pool opening and closing.
- Other duties as needed.
- Hire, schedule and supervise swim coaches.
- Maintain swim team website.
- Manage swim team registration and billing.
- Ensures all swim lessons are billed properly and prepares commission report every Sunday for supervisor’s approval.
- Design, order and distribute team gear.
- Collaborate with Swim Team Committee.
- Plan, manage and execute all swim team special events – home meets, Family Fund Night, awards banquet, etc.
- Attend all Country Club Swim League of Atlanta Meetings.
- Assist Head Swim Coach with the planning, management and execution of swim team awards and incentives (practice attendance, time standards, awards, etc.).
- Provide necessary equipment and safe environment for swim team practices, meets and special events.
- Collaborate with club management and staff for the planning and management of special events (Memorial Day, Fourth of July, etc.).
Lessons and Programs
- Manage all aspects of the year-round swim lesson program.
- Schedule and manage (including training, hiring, payroll) water aerobics program.
- Collaborate with Seven C’s re: the Aquatic Program for summer camps.
- Schedule and coordinate outdoor and indoor parties.
- Schedule and manage adult masters swim program.
- Schedule and manage adult multi-sport swim program.
- Collaborate with club manager on developing the annual aquatics budget and manage aquatics budget.
- Collaborate with food and beverage staff with pool-side events involving F&B services.
- Ensure swim tests for members and their guests under the age of 10 are administered efficiently.
- Assumes supervisory duties at the fitness center during off-season as scheduled.
- Other duties as required.
PREPARATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- College Degree preferred.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Must have CPR/First Aid/AED certifications or the ability to obtain within 60 days.
- Must have Water Safety and Lifeguard Instructor and Certified Pool Operator certifications.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Aquatics industry.
- Water Aerobics Certification.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher, Hytek Team Manager and Meet Manager.