ASSISTANT with EDINA SWIM CLUB
Status: Part-time Hourly (10-20 hours per week)
Compensation: HIGHLY COMPETITIVE – Hourly dependent on experience
Job Purpose: Assist the Head Coach, Head Age Group Coach and Group Lead Coaches during practices and swim meets and perform other duties as assigned.
Do you want to be a part of a “Tradition of Excellence?” Edina Swim Club, located in Edina, Minnesota, has been a leader in Minnesota Swimming for over 60 years and has a celebrated history on the National Stage. We are looking for a TEAM MEMBER who actively wants to be a part of a club with a strong culture and who can add to our team by bringing their knowledge and enthusiastic energy.
We are looking for candidates who possess:
· Previous coaching experience.
· Strong competitive swimming background.
· ASCA Coaching certification, or willingness to become certified within 2 months.
· Knowledge of proper swimming technique and fundamentals
· Extraordinary organizational and communication skills
· Positive outgoing personality and patience
· Model proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for our athletes
· Experience planning workouts
· Responsible for assisting in all levels of the program.
· Conduct swim team practice in a safe, friendly, and competitive environment.
· Observe and enforce all rules and regulations of the facility
· Knowledge of USA Swimming rules and regulations
· Performs related duties as required to include administrative duties.
· Arrive promptly to work.
· CPR/AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, APT, Background check, and in good standing with USA Swimming or willing to certify within 2 months.
· Experience with Team Unify, OnDeck, Team/Meet Manager, and MS Office.
· Abide by applicable USA Swimming Code of Conduct and Safe Sport requirements.
· ASCA level 2
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Physical Demands of Position:
· Standing and walking 100% of the time during daily workouts.
· Lifting items 5-51 pounds during daily routine.
· Ladder climbing. Stairs up and down. Bending, stooping, stretching, kneeling, twisting, turning, gripping, and grasping.
· Exposure to weather conditions.
· Repetitive arm and shoulder use. Wrist (right or left) for tool use.
· Exposure to chemicals, inhalation, and skin contact.
· Pushing and pulling. See, hear, smell, talk. Basic math and writing skills.
All employees are required to wear masks during practices and swim meets. We have COVID safety measures in place.