Waterloo Swimming (WLOO) is a coach owned USA Swim Team. We take a technique a first approach to swim practices. Our motto is Attendance + Effort = Success. While achieving efficient swim strokes, we develop the swimmers aerobic and speed capacity. All of our coaches are top notch professionals engaged with their athletes and parents ensuring each swimmer has the chance to succeed.
12U Lead Group Coach
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable Swim Coach to direct/lead our one of our 12&Under swim groups. Swimmers range from BB-A cuts, are aiming to swim the 200 FR and 200 IM for the first time and qualify for their first prelim / finals championship meet. Candidates should be able to show technique driven processes and improvements in swimmers at this level along with being excellent communicators to both swimmers and their parents.
Sr Level Lead Group Coach
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable Swim Coach to direct/lead our Senior swim group. Swimmers in this group (ages 15+) compete in our LSC Championship Meet as well as Sectionals. They are preparing to enter the National Group. Candidates should be able to show technique driven processes and improvements in swimmers at this level along with being excellent communicators to both swimmers and their parents.
Duties and skills of the Lead Swim Coach include but are not limited to:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Waterloo Swimming policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum, practice schedules, and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of Waterloo Swimming.
- Grow, coach, oversee, and manage our Waterloo Swimming program by writing and executing workouts, attending meets, entering swimmers into meets via software, running clinics, and social functions. Teach proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics
- Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with fundraisers, special events and team-builders, clinics, camps, evaluation process, attend home and away meets, and participate in coaches’ education opportunities.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within Waterloo Swimming and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches. Recommend group practice assignments for each swimmer. Substitute for other coaches as needed. Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries and attend assigned swim meets.
- Interact effectively with parents
- Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Coach. Maintaining a safe pool environment during practices (water quality checks/pool area clean up/etc)
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers. Exhibit daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential
- Possess USA Swimming certifications and credentials commensurate with the position.
- Work with the Waterloo Leadership Team to make the program the preeminent swim program in Texas. Work within our Waterloo culture of being an Athlete-Centric center of excellence; getting Results through FUNdamentals; supporting Attendence+Effort=Success philosophy; and, building out our #swimfamily culture