Fox Valley Wave is seeking an energetic, engaging, motivated and experienced Head Coach. Fox Valley Wave is located in the Fox Cities, Wisconsin. The team consists of approximately 100 swimmers, trains over five different level groups, and utilizes two eight-lane 25-yard pools as well as a 50-meter pool for the summer long-course season.
Fox Valley Wave has a history of successful swimmers who have competed at all levels of competition (local, state, sectional, and national) including collegiately at, but not limited to, the Big 10, Big 12, SEC, AAC and Horizon conferences.
Fox Valley Wave is a coach-facilitated, board-supported, parent-volunteer organization that cooperatively works together to create a culture of excellence and provides each swimmer the opportunity to achieve their highest personal goals in swimming and life.
The ideal candidate would be able to start on March 15, 2022.
- Coordinate swimming and dryland training plans for all group levels
- Develop, manage, and support assistant coaching staff
- Serve as primary on-deck coach of senior level training group
- Oversee individual group placement and advancement of athletes
- Work cooperatively with the Board of Directors to administer the team budget
- Communicate in a professional and timely manner with coaches, athletes, and parents
- Assist in selecting appropriate schedules for seasonal competitions
- Manage overall team administrative functions
- Prefer three plus years of coaching experience
- Experience leading and mentoring swimmers and coaches
- Strong coaching acumen including solid knowledge of stroke technique and training
- Experience in writing and implementing weight training and dryland programs
- Strong organizational and clear communication skills
- Displays enthusiasm and a desire for continued growth in an environment of respect, integrity, caring and understanding
- Passion for competitive swimming
- Experience with HyTek and Team Unify
- USA Swimming Registered Coach required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Legal authority to work in the United States and able to pass background checks
- Salary range is $45,000 - $50,000 based upon experience
- Optional funding for health care
- Funding available for travel, professional dues, continuing education and coach development
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest describing coaching philosophy and resume via email to the team President, Becky Malcomson at firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries and submitted resumes will be confidential. References will be required once the applicant is a finalist for the position. Fox Valley Wave is an equal opportunity employer.