The YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley has an excellent advancement opportunity for a lead aquatics staff ready to move up in their career!
Our competitive benefit package includes:
The qualified candidate will possess at a minimum:
The Aquatics Director will create, implement, manage and model systems and practices that support extraordinary member/participant experiences. The primary goal is to build an overall program that increases reach and impact and become the leader in top rate aquatics programming in the community.
The Aquatics Director is primarily responsible for managing the aquatics staff and pools in the branch. This person will also develop and implement new and innovative programs following trends in aquatics programming.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: The Aquatics Director is responsible for supervision of lifeguards and swim instructors.
Serve as a role model to members and YMCA staff. Live the mission, vision, and values of the YMCA movement.
2. Direct and lead aquatics staff to ensure acceptable performance of assigned duties.
3. Supervise and provide staff with ongoing feedback and conduct annual performance evaluations.
4. Oversee development and implementation of staff and pool schedules ensuring they are in line with annual budget and program and association objectives.
5. Develop new aquatics programs and continually work to increase enrollment in existing program.
6. Maintain a professional image within the community and the YMCA.
7. Must possess excellent verbal/written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with program participants, parents and members.
8. Create, coordinate and implement swim team practice and meet schedules.
9. Develop and implement strategic objectives in conjunction with the annual budget to maximize effectiveness of aquatic programming and the department as a whole.
10. Maintain and update accurate certification and other required records and reports for aquatic staff and in accordance with YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley policy.
11. Instructs Lifeguard, Swim Instructor, CPR/AED/FA certification/training classes.
12. Instruct swim lessons and perform lifeguard duties as needed.
13. Stock first aid kits, AED, rescue kits and water chemistry supplies in the facility.
14. Manage facilities and equipment resources for programs and usage.
15. Take part in and solicit others to participate in necessary YMCA financial development efforts, specifically the Annual Campaign.
16. Adherence to all policies and procedures of the YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley.
17. Understand and follow all safety rules and regulations including knowledge of emergency procedures and location of emergency equipment.
18. Regular and timely adherence to respective schedule/meetings.
19. All other duties as assigned by the Branch Executive.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires physical ability to remove a grown adult from a body of water, move grown adult 100 feet, lift a minimum of 50 lbs, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, swim, walk, balancing, and climb. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee will regularly be required to see at close and distant vision, have good peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a variety of environments which can include but are not limited to, office settings, pools, gymnasiums, and outdoors. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and varying fitness equipment. The noise level in the work environment can vary from quiet to moderate during office hours and moderate too loud during event hours. This position works a varied work week as determined by the needs required to manage operations and events of which can include working evening, weekend, and additional hours to accommodate program and other activities representing the organization and branch operation.