The YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley has a great advancement and growth opportunity for an Assistant Swim Team Coach! We are seeking a dedicated coach with the ability to continue growing and developing our current program.
The Head Swim Team Coach develops workouts, materials and communications for youth swim team. Keeps all team records, sets up swim meets and works with all swimmers and parents.
SUPERVISORY FUNCTIONS: Provide direction to Assistant Swim Coaches.
1. Serve as a role model to members and Y staff and at all times lives the mission, vision and values of the YMCA movement.
2. Develop guides and directs team workouts while organizing and sets up swim meets as well as maintain team records
3. Inform parents of upcoming events and duties in attention to working with parent groups to support swimmers.
4. Ensure necessary equipment is set out and put away for practices and meets.
5. Supervise pool preparation for swim meets.
6. Ensure safety of swimmers during practices and meets.
7. Participate in and solicit others to participate in necessary YMCA financial development efforts, specifically the Annual Campaign.
8. Maintain certifications listed under Certificates and Other Requirements.
9. Adherence to all policies and procedures of the YMCA of the Iowa Mississippi Valley.
10. Understand and follow all safety rules and regulations including knowledge of emergency procedures and location of emergency equipment.
11. Regular and timely adherence to respective schedule/meetings.
12. All other duties as assigned by the Director of Aquatics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor degree preferred.
2. Prior swim team coaching required. Minimum one year.
CERTIFICATIONS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Must be able to pass background check
2. CPR/First Aid/AED certification
3. Red Cross Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid
4. YMCA Principals of Competitive Swimming and Diving
5. Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches
6. USA Swimming non-athlete registration
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be proficient in swimming and perform any skill in the lifeguard test . Able to perform flip turns, get in and out of the water frequently, and able project voice and be heard in pool area. Ability to lift 15 lbs. overhead.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to pools, wet and very humid conditions, and chemicals. Additionally, this position is located in a fitness facility and as such the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts associated with fitness equipment. The noise level in the work environment can vary from quiet to loud depending upon the programming that is occurring at the time.
BENEFITS: Part time employees enjoy a free individual Y membership and participation in the Y retirement program where the Y pays 12% after employee meets eligibility requirements. Eligible to participate in 403B savings account through Y Retirement Fund
PAY RATE: $15.00/hr