Temecula Tritons Swim Club (TMEC) is a year-round swim club seeking an experienced, motivated individual for the position of Senior Level Lead Coach. This knowledgeable individual will be responsible for directing and overseeing TMECs Senior Level Program. This individual must have the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with staff, swimmers, volunteers, and program participant parents.
TMEC is located in Temecula Valley, CA in Southern California Swimming.
TMEC is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization under the direction of a parent volunteer board of directors
Sr Level Lead Group Coach
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable Swim Coach to direct/lead our Senior level swim groups. Swimmers in this group (ages 13+) compete in our LSC Championship Meet, Sectionals, Futures, Junior Nationals and Futures. Candidates should be able to show technique driven processes and improvements in swimmers at this level along with being excellent communicators to both swimmers and their parents.
Duties and skills of the Lead Swim Coach include but are not limited to:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and TMEC policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum, practice schedules, and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of the TMEC Swim Club.
- Grow, coach, oversee, and manage our program by writing and executing workouts, attending meets, entering swimmers into meets via software, running clinics, and social functions. Teach proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics
- Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with fundraisers, special events and team-builders, clinics, camps, evaluation process, attend home and away meets, and participate in coaches’ education opportunities.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within TMEC and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches. Recommend group practice assignments for each swimmer. Substitute for other coaches as needed. Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries and attend assigned swim meets.
- Interact effectively with parents
- Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Coach. Maintaining a safe pool environment during practices (water quality checks/pool area clean up/etc)
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers. Exhibit daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential
- Possess USA Swimming certifications and credentials commensurate with the position.
Salary will commensurate with experience