Casper Swim Club is seeking a reliable and energetic Head Swim Coach to lead our youth competitive swim program starting November 2021 moving forward. The Head Swim Coach is responsible for managing and coaching our year-round swim program (two seasons); maintaining a safe and effective learning and training environment that promotes well-being, enjoyment, development, and achievement. The Head Swim Coach will also be responsible for hiring, developing, and directing all assistant coaching staff and will be expected to facilitate communication between all coaching staff, swimmers, parents and others critical to the success of our program. The Head Swim Coach is expected to develop and implement a culture and vision that instills lifelong values and skills in our swimmers and emphasizes work ethic, sportsmanship, and team spirit. The position requires being available after school and in the evenings during most weeknights for practices and being available on select weekends for swim meets.
Casper Swim Club is a non-profit, membership-run organization, with an elected volunteer Board of Directors. The position is part-time, approximately 12 hours per week averaged across the year, with a competitive yearly salary and extra benefits. The club has about 50-75 members per season, and in the past has had upwards of 100-150 members. The club typically runs practices Monday through Thursday and participates in 1-2 swim meets per month across Wyoming and neighboring states during swim seasons. As well, the club hosts 1-2 home swim meets per season. The club anticipates an opportunity for membership and program expansion in the upcoming 1-2 years as two additional training/competitive pools become operational in the Casper Community.
Essential duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Coaching Duties
- Develop all levels of swimmers and directly coach at least one age group.
- Plan, coach, and oversee both winter and summer seasons
- Design practice and training plans, set the club’s meet attendance schedule, and plan 1-2 home swim meets per season.
- Coach at away meets (shared with other coaching staff) and take qualifying swimmers to state and zone championships.
- Set performance goals for the club and with coaches and swimmers.
- Maintain accurate practice and meet attendance records.
- Staff Management
- Responsible for hiring and managing assistant coaching staff.
- Available for parent communication on a regular basis.
- Attend all club meetings (e.g., monthly board meetings) and maintain regular communication with the Board.
- Participate in club activities (e.g., registration drives, fundraisers, celebrations).
- Attend Wyoming Swimming meetings.
- Oversee disbursement of meet information, meet results, and social media promotion of club activities. Maintain the club event calendar. Recommend and coordinate ordering of club team apparel.
- Create and submit a seasonal budget.
- Maintain positive working relationships with the Natrona County School District and other relevant organizations. Assist administration of club CASC Swim America program.
- Maintain current knowledge of happenings in Wyoming Swimming and USA Swimming.
- 3 years of successful Head Coach or Assistant Coach experience
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certified
- ASCA Level 2 or comparable certification
- Current lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid (or willing to complete prior to start)
- Proficiency in recruitment and retention of swimmers
- Skilled in teaching stroke technique and physical development
- Ability to motivate and work effectively with athletes of all ages and abilities
- Experience in program planning and teaching
- Strong leadership, communication, verbal, and written skills
- Computer proficiency including knowledge with TeamUnify, Meet Manager, and Google Workplace.
To apply, please send the following information no later than 6:00 pm on 10/14/21to:
Marie Puryear, Casper Swim Club President, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume including list of three (3) references with contact information
- Letter of Interest including overview of coaching experience and statement of coaching philosophy