We are looking to hire a full time Aquatics Manager/Head Swim Team Coach to join the Wheaton Sport Center family! Family owned and operated for over 40 years, Wheaton Sport Center is Chicagoland's premier full service health and racquet club.
As our Aquatics Manager and Head Swim Coach, you will plan, direct and oversee all facets of the Aquatics Department and Swim Team. The Aquatics Manager will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and will help drive the revenue of the Aquatics Programs as well as create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants.
We offer a great work environment with a full benefits package offered and unique perks such as free childcare and club privileges. Salary range is $45,000-$55,000+(inclusive of bonuses) Local residence preferred. Please go to www.wheatonsportcenter.com to learn more about us. For more information about the position, please contact Stephanie Sayegh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise all functions of the Aquatics Department and Stingrays Swim Team to serve the needs of the members, the staff and the club as well as to drive results, retention and revenue
- Ensure swim lessons are being taught in a safe environment and that supports our value of fun, results driven lessons
- Assist with hiring, training, and developing all Swim Instructors and Coaches
- Implement all practice and meet administration and planning to maximize a high-quality competitive swim team program
- Oversees coaching of groups, schedules and practice facility
- Design and schedule practices to bring out the full potential of all swimmers and set fair and realistic goals and expectations.
- Evaluate and update program goals and objectives as well as develops plans to achieve said goals.
- Participate in the new member/participant welcome process by helping members through the registration process, fielding questions, scheduling new swimmer evaluations following WSC guidelines and timeframes
- Ensure timely and effective communications with instructors, coaches, athletes, parents, prospective members, and WSC staff
- Administer athlete registrations, monetary processing, and maintain records of coaching staff credentials with the use of Team Unify
- Other duties and administrative support as assigned by the General Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5+ years of swim coaching experience
- ASCA Level 3 certification or higher preferred.
- Current USA-Swimming coaching certification, including CPR/ First Aid/AED/ Lifeguarding/ Coaches Safety Training
- Experience with swim team, running meets, and swim team computer software
- Knowledge of swimming and the development of young athletes.
- Ability to work with and relate to people of all ages.