Open Positions: Age Group Coach
Description: Issaquah Swim Team is seeking well-qualified and dynamic candidates to serve as an Age Group Coach as part of our growing staff. Individuals should be available to work afternoons, evenings, and weekends. These positions are flexible and can be tailored to match the strengths of ideal candidates. Hiring will commence immediately and continue until available positions are full.
About IST: Issaquah Swim Team is a 300+ member year-round competitive swim team operating out of several facilities in the greater Issaquah, WA area (near Seattle). Our mission is to develop accomplished athletes and well-rounded individuals through competitive swimming. We have passionate coaches who are swimmer-centric, promote life-long learning through a philosophy of growth, and seek to actively participate in our larger community.
Responsibilities: Coaches would work directly with the Head Coach to implement IST’s progressive training and skill development curriculums among our Steelhead (precompetitive), Surge (elementary school), and/or Sockeye (middle school) Programs. Additional responsibilities would include:
• Creating and conducting workouts (3-10 hours per week)
• Attending meets (1+ per month on weekends)
• Attending staff meetings (2 hours every other month)
• Communicating important information to parents and athletes
• Responding to electronic communication
• Completing meet entries
• Assisting or substituting for other coaches as needed
• Maintaining all required coaching certifications
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a passion for competitive swimming and be an excellent teacher and role model for our athletes. They will share IST’s mission, pursue our team vision, and adhere to our organizational values. Additionally, candidates should have:
• High school degree or equivalent
• Previous competitive swimming experience
• Experience teaching swim lessons or coaching competitive swimming
• Enjoyment in working with children
• The ability to obtain and maintain all required USA Swimming certifications (including passing a background check)
• The ability to obtain and maintain Lifeguarding/First Aid & CPR/AED certifications
Compensation: These are part-time positions paid hourly and eligible for twice-yearly bonuses. Final rate will be dependent on experience but will be highly competitive. Financial support for professional development and ongoing education is also available.
Contact: Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and up to three professional references to Tim Kearney, Head Coach & CEO, at email@example.com.