- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Rockwood policies and procedure
- Development and implementation of overall team philosophy on coaching, swimmer development, and team dynamics
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum, practice schedules, and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of the Swim Club
- Grow, coach, oversee, and manage our program by writing and executing workouts, attending meets, entering swimmers into meets via software, running clinics, and social functions. Teach proper swim techniques and stroke mechanic
- Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with fundraisers, special events and team-builders, clinics, camps, evaluation process, attend home and away meets, and participate in coaches’ education opportunities.
- Interact effectively with parents
- Model language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers. Exhibit daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential.
- Keep daily attendance and workout log
- Arrives 15 minutes early for all workouts and begins workouts on time
- Maintains a safe practice environment-free of violence and/or harassment
- Creates and implements detailed season and yearly plans for water time, dryland time, and educational aspects due to the Head Coach
- Creates workout sets designed to develop swimmers for the next group
- Attends all staff meetings
- Attend all assigned meets, arriving 15 minutes before the start of warm-ups, assist with warm ups, and work with all Rockwood coaches to provide a positive, competitive atmosphere for each Rockwood swimmer.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within Rockwood and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches. Substitute for other coaches as needed.
- College Degree (Preferred)
- 3 plus years coaching experience including teaching technique and the development of life-long swimming skills. Must be comfortable with Age Group or Senior swimmers.
- Strong communication skills working with parents, swimmers and coaches and a team first approach is important.
- Possess USA Swimming certifications and credentials commensurate with the position
- Computer proficiency including the use of e-Mail, Internet Navigation, Google Suite, Microsoft Office and Publisher Software, Team Unify, and Social Media Platforms.
- Abides by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements and Pass a reference check.
- Rockwood Swim Club offers a complete benefits package including health, dental, vision, and long and short-term disability insurance through the Rockwood School District.
- Rockwood Swim Club also offers a retirement plan through the Rockwood School District.
- Rockwood Swim Club will also reimburse for appropriate travel expenses, professional certifications, and coaching memberships.
- Rockwood Swim Club is located in West St. Louis County. The Rockwood School District is noted for being a top 4 ranking Missouri school district. West St. Louis County is known for having multiple state and local parks containing many hiking and biking trails, scenic overlooks of the Missouri and Meramec Rivers, access to many great local restaurants and shopping areas.
Resumes can be sent to Head Coach Todd Gabel at email@example.com.
Application can be found at: https://rockwood.ted.peopleadmin.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1987