WAVE Aquatics is seeking an enthusiastic leader with pool operations and aquatics management experience.
General Job Description: Oversee operations and programming at two year-round aquatic facilities, including managing pool staff, programs and events to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all members.
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Pool Management Team, Lifeguard/Swim Lesson Staff
Classification: Full-time, Year-Round
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and develop Managers/Operators at each facility.
- Oversee hiring and training of facility staff.
- Oversee lifeguard scheduling, rotation, performance, etc.
- Work with Accountant and Managers to approve biweekly payroll.
- Develop and maintain a pool safety program including Emergency Action Plans and staff training at all facilities.
- Provide annual reviews for direct report employees.
- Ensure that staff certifications are maintained.
- Ensure health code compliance.
- Manage all aspects of the year-round swim lessons program and public swimming programs.
- Manage online registration and monthly billing with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Create and maintain internal facility program calendars.
- Website administration and updates.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Oversee pool maintenance – act as lead pool operator to ensure cleanliness, proper water balance, filtration, repairs, chemical inventory, etc.
- Ensure that mechanical operation and maintenance schedules are kept at each facility.
- Other duties as needed.
Swim Team, Water Polo, Masters
- Work with WAVE Coaching Staff to ensure consistent rules and expectations across all pool programming.
- Coordinate with WAVE Coaching Staff for all scheduling and planning of practices, meets, scrimmages, and general pool time.
- Provide necessary equipment and safe environment for swim team practices, meets and special events.
- Collaborate with Executive Director, Swim Team Coaches, Water Polo Coaches on any special events happening at the pools.
- Collaborate with Executive Director on developing the annual aquatics budget and manage aquatics budget.
- Attend Governing Board Meetings once a month (or every other month) depending on need.
- Maintain positive working relationships with our community partners, with regular communication.
- Other duties as required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Physical ability to respond quickly in emergency: regular kneeling, bending, or sitting.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with staff, volunteers, members, and program participants.
PREPARATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- College Degree preferred.
- Prior aquatics management experience preferred.
- Must have CPR/First Aid/AED certifications or the ability to obtain within 60 days.
- Must have Aquatics Facility Operator or Certified Pool Operator certification.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Aquatics industry.
- Possess excellent organization skills and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Background with iClassPro is a bonus.
Applications due by October 31st.
Salary commensurate with experience.