Las Cruces Aquatic Team seeks an experienced and enthusiastic Head Coach for a full-time position in sunny Las Cruces, New Mexico. The team has approximately 90 year-round swimmers from developmental through elite. We are seeking a Head Coach to lead and grow our team, while maintaining a positive environment that fosters hard work, team unity, and a love for the sport. Outstanding candidates are self-motivated, inspiring to swimmers at all levels, and can demonstrate the ability to bring a team of diverse swimming abilities together as a cohesive unit.
- 3 or more years experience in a Head Coach or Head Age Group Coach position
- ASCA Level 2 certificate or equivalent
- Current USA Swimming coach member in good standing
- Experience coaching athletes to at least Sectionals level
- Demonstrates vision for athlete development and progression
- Proficient in providing skill, technique, training development, and motivation for swimmers at all levels from developmental to elite
- Knowledgeable about out-of-water swimmer development, including dryland, nutrition, and mental health
- Skilled at encouraging and enabling swimmers to set and achieve high but attainable, defined, and measurable goals
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, including for both short and long-term team activities, practices, and competitions
- Strong interpersonal skills, including open communication with parents, swimmers, coaching staff, facility managers, neighboring teams, and community liaisons
- Effective at leading, managing, and mentoring a coaching staff, on and off deck
- Clear understanding of finances and budgeting
- Sound knowledge of USA Swimming Safe Sport policies
- Familiarity with TeamUnify and HY-TEK’s Meet Manager and Team Manager software
Las Cruces Aquatic Team Environment:
- Our team is run by a 501(c)(3) non-profit, parent-run board seeking to collaborate with and provide support to the Head Coach
- Head Coach will directly coach at least one group, including the Senior group
- Professional development opportunities available, to include continuing coach education
- Supporting the health and well-being of the Head Coach and coaching staff is a board priority
- Las Cruces sits in the heart of southern New Mexico, where we get 300 days of sunshine a year, nestled among miles of outdoor trails and the beautiful Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument. This growing community is a peaceful and affordable place to live, located close to El Paso, Texas and White Sands National Park.
- We currently train at two facilities, the New Mexico State University outdoor 50 meter x 25 yard pool, as well as an indoor 25 meter city pool. We are excited about the new indoor city pool (50 meter x 25 yard pool) currently under construction, estimated to be complete October 2022.
- Compensation commensurate with experience, to include a benefits package
Applicants are to submit a cover letter, resume, and complete contact information for at least three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.