Sarasota Shark Inc.
8501 Potter Park Drive
Sarasota, FL, 34238
Title: Full Time Assistant Coach
Effective Date: Willing to work with applicant
Supervisor: Associate Head Coach(es) in conjunction with Head Coach
The Senior Assistant Coach will work directly with the National Team, Head Senior, and Head Age Group coaches in all aspects of the program. This position will include coaching with the Senior Program and Age Group Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help design and execute lesson/curriculum plans for Age Group and Senior programs as assigned.
- Coordinate travel and coordinate finances with Business Director/office manager
- Attend swim meets as assigned
- Assist in the planning of schedule and practice groups
- Execute strong communication skills with all members
- Administer daily workouts and maintain group attendance
- Responsible for meet entry deadlines, posting meet information, and sending entries.
- Responsible for communicating group move ups.
- Entry level social media skills
- Maintain daily office hours in addition to coaching responsibilities.
- Communicate and engage with teenagers in practice and keep them excited about training at a high level
- May be required to complete other duties as assigned by the CEO
- Good standing with USA Swimming
- 4 year College Degree
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Microsoft Office
- Team Unify
- Hy-Tek Swimming Software
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skills in program planning and development.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Sarasota Sharks Inc. is a Nonprofit (501c3) company that operates the team and our facility.
- We provide funding to a Health Reimbursement Account
- Free Sarasota Sharks Masters Swimming Membership
- We have budgeted for and encourage professional development opportunities
- Competitive salary based on the applicant, range $35,000-45,000
Please send resume and three professional references to Associate Head Senior Coach, John Bruenning at firstname.lastname@example.org.