Job Title: Water Safety Instructor (WSI) - Aquatics
Job Purpose: Actively sell, market and promote Club Fit swim lessons and clinics.
Plan, organize, and implement high quality swim lessons to ensure an outstanding Aquatics Swim Lessons Program by providing genuine hospitality
- Showing attention to detail in marketing, promoting and selling swim lessons and clinics by: making telephone calls to ensure repeat business, interacting with students and parents, completing skill cards for each participant at the end of every group lesson session, following up with new clients and actively seeking referrals.
- Be prompt for all group and private / semi-private swim lessons.
- Work all assigned lessons or arrange for adequate coverage in any absence.
- Always exhibit professional appearance and behavior.
- Responsible for achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term client retention in line with company vision and values.
- Ensure proper and clear communication with members, co-workers, and AD.
- Coordinate weekly teaching schedule with WSI coordinator.
- Must be flexible and accommodating to all participants in the Club Fit swim program.
- Be knowledgeable of all Club Fit programs and schedules, not limited to the Aquatics Department assuring that the members are certain that we care about their well being
- Maintain a good rapport with students, parents, co-workers and demonstrating a commitment to embracing the neighborhood
Professional and Technical Knowledge:
- Teach all students with a positive and motivational approach.
- Ability to adapt teaching methods to each student’s abilities.
- Teach all swim lessons in a safe and effective manner.
- Must exhibit ability to teach with other instructors in a group setting.
- Set up and break down all equipment used during swim lessons
Contributes To Team Effort:
- Attend mandatory monthly staff meetings and trainings as set forth by WSI coordinator and AD.
- Must have current WSI certification at all times.
- Ensure that lesson schedule is always accurate and up to date
Direct line to Aquatics Director