JOB TITLE: Assistant Coach
EMPLOYER: Mission Viejo Nadadores
DEPARTMENT: Competitive Age Group Swim Team
REPORTS TO: Division Director (Age Group or Senior)
SALARY: Hourly, commensurate with experience
SUMMARY: To align with the policy and procedures set forth by the Mission Viejo Nadadores and to assist the Division Director in developing under 18 athletes to make an uncompromised commitment to the pursuit of excellence, through the process of striving to be the best that they can be, to acquire life enhancing attributes such as integrity, discipline, teamwork and sportsmanship.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Embrace and advocate the Mission Viejo Nadadores Culture
- Passion for coaching and working with age group or senior level athletes
- Comprehension of stroke development and technique fundamentals
- Basic understanding of dryland training for developmental athletes
- Plan, prepare, and conduct group practices in accordance with our curriculum for the Nadadores.
- Keep records and reports as directed by the Division Director
- Assist with set up & tear down of all MVN hosted age group/senior level meets
- Assist with MVN Staff in facilitating Events (MVN hosted or community events)
- Commit to continued coaching education
- On Job Time Requirements:
- Attend all assigned staff meetings
- Attend the assigned meets for the practice group
- Entries for the assigned practice group are complete and correct
- Arrival at practice and meets at minimum 15 min prior to arrival of athletes
- Will require afternoon, evening and weekend hours
- Communicate all actions regularly between Primary Coach, Director and Head Age Group Coach
- Excellent email communication to parents with timely response (within 24 hrs)
- Continually assess goals with athletes and communicate to parents in a patient and respectable manner
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor and sportsmanship for the athletes
- Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no employee supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Certificates required: CPR/AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, APT, Background check and in good standing with USA Swimming and ASCA Level 2
- Abides by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite, Team Unify and/or Team Manager
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand and walk
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Continually exposure to outside weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 40 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Depth perception, ability to adjust focus