Date Posted: 11/18/2021 Closing Date: 11/29/2021
Position Title: Executive Director Reporting to: Board of Directors
Classification: Salaried (commensurate to experience) Benefits package included
Description of Position Effectively and efficiently manage the day-to-day operations of Southern California Swimming. Responsible for ensuring the efficiency of business operations as well as working closely with the General Chair, Board of Directors, volunteers, and the SCS community. Directs staff and volunteers and assists in departments necessary to operate a large LSC in accomplishing its stated Mission and Vision Statement.
Tasks and Responsibilities
● Maintain viable functioning administrative office available to the public.
● Hire and supervise staff
● Oversee accuracy and timeliness of financial accounting and reporting.
● Maintain accurate payroll and tax records.
● Review Annual Financial Statements.
● Maintain Credit lines and relationships with banks.
● Maintain and expand mobile and Web-based exposure with programmers.
● Maintain and prepare the Board of Directors with all scheduling demands. Provide Board and General Chair with up-to-date information regarding USA Swimming priorities.
● Maintain organizational policies and procedures.
● Set up travel for SCS competitive and non-competitive events
● Oversee membership customer service.
● Supervise and assist in all USA Swimming membership requirements.
● Interact with USA Swimming staff.
● Maintain relations with other organizations similar but not exclusive to CIF, Y, Universities.
● Manage the Marketing, Branding, and Sponsorship of the LSC
● Additional Tasks as directed
Required Skills, Abilities, and Certifications
● Fully proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Google Workspace and Cloud.
● Project and event management
● Valid Drivers License
● Budget, accounting, and financial skills allowing for forecasting and monitoring precise data.
● Strong verbal communication skills, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
● College Degree (Bachelor's)
● Exposure to Competitive Swimming or similar sport.
● Previous Executive Director Experience, Management, Marketing, financial experience preferred.
Please send your cover letter of intent, two letters of references, and a brief resume addressed to: