JOB TITLE: Age Group Coach
EMPLOYER: Santa Barbara Swim Club
REPORTS TO: Head Coach
SALARY: $50,000 yearly
SUMMARY: To align with the policy and procedures set forth by the Santa Barbara Swim Club and to assist the Head Coach.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Embrace and advocate the Santa Barbara Swim Club Culture
- Passion for coaching and working with age group athletes
- Comprehension of stroke development and technique fundamentals
- Basic understanding of dryland training for developmental athletes
- Plan, prepare, and conduct group practices in accordance with our curriculum for the Santa Barbara Swim Club.
- Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Coach
- Assist with set up & tear down of all SBSC hosted age group/senior level meets
- Assist with SBSC Staff in facilitating Events (SBSC hosted or community events)
- Commit to continued coaching education
- On Job Time Requirements:
- Attend all assigned staff meetings
- Attend the assigned meets for the practice group
- Entries for the assigned practice group are complete and correct
- Arrival at practice and meets at minimum 15 min prior to arrival of athletes
- Will require afternoon, evening and weekend hours
- Communicate all actions regularly between Head Coach
- Excellent email communication to parents with timely response (within 24 hrs)
- Continually assess goals with athletes and communicate to parents in a patient and respectable manner
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor and sportsmanship for the athletes
- Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has occasional employee supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Certificates required: CPR/AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, APT, Background check and in good standing with USA Swimming and ASCA Level 2
- Abides by applicable USA Swimming Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite, Team Unify and/or Team Manager
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand and walk
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Continually exposure to outside weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 40 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Depth perception, ability to adjust focus