Head Coach - PMSC
Pal - Mac Swim Club is a competitive swim club located in Palmyra NY. We offer a year-round USA Swimming program for competitive age group (5-18 years old) swimmers and are seeking a Head Coach to work alongside the Board of Directors, Aquatics director and other Assistant Coaches to enhance the team. The team practices in local school facilities five -six days per week.
This position will work with our age group levels reinforcing the technical aspects of swimming. The Head Coach position requires a motivated, enthusiastic coach with experience and knowledge in competitive swimming. Candidates should exhibit the necessary professionalism and maturity to communicate with swimmers of all abilities, their parents, and the club's assistant coaches. Candidates will be contracted by PMSC and will work with the Board of Directors to promote the overall success of the club. Compensation will depend on experience and qualifications.
- USA Swimming Coach Certification in good standing (or willingness to achieve)
- Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED
- Strong background in competitive swimming
- Completion of high school
- Working knowledge of basic USA Swimming rules and regulations
- Oversee and manage swim practices and attend swim meets in a coordinated effort with Assistant Coach(es).
- Work with Assistant Coaches to implement age-appropriate swim programs for all swimmers, including personal goal setting. Inspire and challenge each swimmer to achieve his or her goals and develop positive self-esteem.
- Display professional behavior at all times when representing PMSC
Competitive - To be discussed at the interview.
Availability Mon- Fri practices and weekend meets.
At this time.
All Coaches, swimmers (outside of the water), and parents are required to mask while indoors at this time.
HEAD COACH POSITION DESCRIPTION
- Position and Duties. The Head Coach will perform all duties and services normally associated with the position including, but not limited to, the following:
- Create progressive wet and dry programs, workouts and training routines that advance athletes through the age groups
- Conduct practices (training and technique)
- Attend meets
- Scheduling and Planning
- Plan the season practice schedule
- Schedule the coaching staff to ensure adequate coverage for practices, meets, championships and other competitive events
- Staff and Pool Management
- Manage, oversee, mentor and develop the coaching staff
- Lead the process for hiring assistant coaches
- Serve as a non-voting member of the BOD
- Provide input and counsel to BOD relevant discussions and decisions
- Participate in non-athletic Club functions